Chingri Malai Curry Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4 Prep Time: 05 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins Total Cook Time: 35 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients of Chingri Malai Curry Recipe: Flavoured with a host of delectable spices such as cumin, chilli, turmeric and garam masala, this prawn curry will be the ultimate winner on your dinner table when served with cooked rice.
4 Cups prawns
3 tbsp mustard oil
1/2 tbsp whole cumin
2 tbsp ginger paste
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
to taste salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp garam masala
1 1/4 cup coconut milk
2 tsp ghee
- Blanch the prawns in turmeric water.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and add sugar and whole cumin.
- Add ginger paste, cumin powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté
- Now add the prawns and slit green chillies and stir for few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, cook for few more minutes and then add salt.
- In the end sprinkle garam masala and ghee on top and serve.
Hilsa Fish Curry
500 gm washed & dried,sliced iilish fish or salmon
- 1 teaspoon black cumin seeds
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 4 green chilli
- 2 cup boiled water
How to make Hilsa Curry
- Step 1 Slice the fish
To make this delicious curry, wash the fish and slice it into pieces.
- Step 2 Marinate the fish pieces
Marinate the pieces using salt and turmeric. Keep it aside for some time.
- Step 3 Shallow fry the marinated fishes
Then, heat some oil in the pan and shallow fry the marinated fish pieces until they turn golden.
- Step 4 Saute cumin seeds & slit green chillies
In another pan, heat the remaining oil, and add the cumin seeds. Silt the green chillies and add to the oil. Keep stirring.
- Step 5 Add the fried fish, boiled water, salt & turmeric
Add the fried fish pieces to the oil, then pour in the boiled water. Now, add the salt and turmeric powder as per your taste. Bring it to a boil and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Step 6 Serve Hilsa Curry
Serve your Bengali fish curry hot with steamed rice.