Turkey Sloppy Joes
1⁄2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1⁄2 Tbsp chili powder
10–12 shakes Tabasco or other hot sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
4 whole-wheat or sesame rolls, split and toasted
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for about 2 minutes, until softened.
- Add the turkey and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat, until the turkey is lightly browned.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, chili powder, and hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and the sauce fully coats the meat.
- Divide the mixture among the rolls.
Classic Tuna Casserole
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Celery Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup Birds Eye® Sweet Garden Peas
2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
2 cans (about 6 ounces each) tuna, drained
2 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Stir the soup, milk, peas, pimientos, if desired, tuna and noodles in a 1 1/2-quart baking dish or pot.
Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl and set aside.
Bake casserole for 20 minutes or until the tuna mixture is hot and bubbling.
Sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until the bread crumb mixture is golden brown.